Learn About Us
About Habitat for Humanity of Tennessee
Habitat for Humanity of Tennessee, Inc., (HFHT), a nonprofit, statewide support organization strives to provide services related to advocacy, training and resource development to Tennessee’s 51 Habitat for Humanity affiliates who serve 63 counties to build and sell simple, decent, affordable housing in partnership with people in need. In addition to being a centralized resource for Habitat offices around the state, HFHT works toward establishing partnerships with corporations and government agencies to further the mission of the Habitat program in Tennessee.
Our vision is for all Tennessee affiliates to be healthy organizationally, financially and spiritually with the ability and capacity to eliminate poverty housing from their communities.
Tennessee Habitat Affiliates
- Are Ranked 5th in Nation in Habitat new house production for FY2010.
- Celebrated the 3000th new home built and sold in our state in early 2010, helping over 11,000 children and working, income eligible adults purchase a stable, affordable home they can call their own.
- Home builds have added over $270 million to the tax base in our state.
- Have served over 3,500 families either in new home construction or rehabs.
- Tithed $3.4 million that has helped 1,318 international partner families realize their dream of affordable home ownership.
- Manage 28 Habitat Restores engaging the community to donate and recycle to free up our landfills.
- Homebuyers have under a 2.9% foreclosure rate.
About Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity helps end the poverty cycle. Through volunteer labor and donations of money and materials, Habitat builds affordable, simple, decent, quality built and energy efficient houses with the help of the homebuyer (partner) families.
Habitat houses are sold to partner families at no profit and Habitat provides the homebuyer with a no interest affordable mortgage loan. The homebuyers’ monthly mortgage payments are used to build even more Habitat houses. Habitat is not a giveaway program. In addition to a down payment, monthly mortgage payments, and the mandatory homebuyer education classes, homebuyers invest hundreds of hours of their own labor—sweat equity—into building their Habitat house and the houses of others.
Habitat for Humanity of Tennessee
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 10375 Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Office: 805 S. Church Street, #9 Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Phone: 615 494 3207
Fax: 615 494 3207