TITLE: Construction Site Supervisor I
REPORTS TO: Construction Site Supervisor II and is overseen by the Construction Director
JOB SUMMARY: The team member is support staff for the Construction Department. Their primary roles are to assist in all aspects of the building process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES of the Construction Site Supervisor II include, but are not limited to, the following:
- MANAGEMENT OF BUILD and JOB SITE
- Has a significant role in maintaining a safe and reliable work site. Works with Construction Site Supervisor II to manage specific components of the days build, and helps to train individual volunteers.
- Remains current in First Aid training, so that care can be administered directly. Assists the House Leader by taking any injured individuals to a care facility, if their injury is too severe to be handled on-site.
- Is largely responsible for keeping the job-site orderly while work is going on, and then organized-and-protected by the end of each workday; secures materials and equipment; and is actively involved in keeping our costs down, by returning excess materials to supplier, and eliminating waste whenever possible.
- Takes a lead role in ensuring that all “green initiatives” are followed through on, so that the best quality product can be delivered to the homeowner. Fully supports our recycling program and reduces hauling to landfills.
- Assists the Construction Site Supervisor II and Warehouse Manager in ensuring that all materials, supplies, and tools are on the job site in advance of need. Helps the Construction Site Supervisor II load the storage unit before a BLITZ; removes all un-needed items at the completion of each days build; and is physically engaged on all other days to bring out all needed supplies and equipment for the upcoming builds.
- Provides periodic safety checks of all tools, and requests repair or replacement as needed.
- In the absence of senior staff, will inspect and sign for delivery of all materials to the jobsite, and notes any damaged items or discrepancies. Forwards delivery receipts to the Warehouse/Purchasing Manager in a timely manner.
- Returns all tools and equipment to their proper place (on the jobsite, work trucks, and warehouse).
- Uses approved credit accounts to pick up incidental materials, as directed by any senior staff. Turns in receipts in a timely fashion to Warehouse/Purchasing Manager.
- Construction tasks range from framing walls, stair assemblies, shingling, roofing, siding, and finish work.
- Assists Construction Site Supervisor II in building oversight.
- MANAGEMENT OF VOLUNTEERS
- Provides high-quality, safe, enjoyable, and productive work experience for volunteers and homeowners, engaging them with energy and enthusiasm.
- Provides tools, supplies and safety equipment for volunteers including sign-in sheets, first aid kit, drinking water, heaters or fans, and other supplies as needed.
- Assists in identifying potential volunteers to become Crew Leaders and encourages and supports existing Crew Leaders.
III. ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attends weekly department staff meeting.
- Attends other affiliate meetings and activities, including conferences, as required.
- Attends all required training sessions and works hard to acquire as much information and learning about as many elements about Habitat and related construction techniques as possible.
- Adheres to the established “winter and summer hours” for all Construction employees.
- Schedules Building Inspections.
- ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Construction experience with a reputable company. References will be requested and checked.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team.
- Physical ability to lift up to 80 pounds
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work at heights
- Ability to constantly walk, stand, bend and crouch up to 8 hours a day
- MUST WORK TUESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY (in all weather conditions)
- Full- time hourly position with 90-day probationary period.
- Company Take Home Vehicle
- Pay based on experience
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Benefits package including options of health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability after initial 90 days. Simple IRA option with company match, once requirements are met.
- Paid time off accrues after 90 days
- 10 plus paid holidays
Background check, driving record check and drug screening required at time of offered employment.
No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply through Indeed at this link – https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=construction+site+supervisor+i&jk=363e47fc55a6c30e&_ga=2.229505628.1136639419.1644343237-328640553.1643653694